vendredi 20 janvier 2012

1910 gown by Poiret

In the little fairy world of costuming, everyone gets really excited about the 100th anniversary of the Titanic (even if celebrating the drawing of a boat, particuarly on these days, can bother some of us...). I'm no exception. Thing is I have absolutly no inspiration by myself on this one. I know such an outfit means lots of laces and silk and pearls but I have no idea how to make it beautifull all together.
Luckily, I found this :

Wonderful 1910 Elysée gown by Paul Poiret.
And my dreams became true ! Plus, it does not seem too complicated to make.
 
I need mostly silk satin and silk muslin, and sparkling braid.

I think I need twice as long as my legs silk satin for the skirt plus 90 cm for le top part. Total 310cm, hem included. as for the muslin, 180 cm should be enought. 
A quick trial with an old piece of cloth

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire